Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World"



By Jordan Christy.

Background story: It was a lovely Monday afternoon and I was awaiting the arrival of my bestfriend Amanda to pick me up at the local carwash where I had just dropped off my car for it's routine oil change and car detail. While sitting in the waiting area, the Today show was on and Jordan Christy was on with her book "How to be a Hepburn." I love love love Audrey Hepburn. So I watched and listen to her being interviewed and was convinced I was going to get this book. Amanda arrived and off to Barnes and Nobels we went. It was the last copy the store had. Fate.

I am 90% thru this book and I love it!! We truly are living in a world where small girls are looking up to role models such as Hilton and Lohan. It's terrible. I look at my own group of girlfriends and think, we are much better than this. Why are these girls in hollywood getting all the glory for nothing but wrong doings??

If your anytype of female -- you NEED to read this book, it really shows how we've come along way AWAY from the Hepburns of the past. Which is a shame.

Book Grade: A++++

<3 Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment