Monday, September 7, 2009

The Host

So for those who don't know me I am a huge fan of the Twilight Series (I converted Brandie as well). I had no urge to read Stephenie Meyer's The Host. I figured that it would not be worth it in the end. . .I mean come on how do you top Twilight? So one of the girls I work with purchased the book and offered to let me borrow the book. Since I had nothing else to read I figured why not. . . what's the worst thing that could happen? So chapter 1. . . boring. . . chapter 2 boring. . . 80 pages in and I find myself just pushing through the book just to say that I read it. You know that feeling. . . you just want to be done already. But then out of nowhere around page 90 it happened. . .it got good, I mean really good. I couldn't put the book down after that. So the book it about body snatchers from the perspective of the body snatcher. It sounds crazy but Stephenie's creativity pulls it all together. It was adventurous and there were a few twists and turns along the way. If your looking around for a book to read I give this book two thumbs up!

<3 Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment